Covering more than one-eighth area of the world, Russia is the largest country in the world with a population of over 144 million people. The European western part of the country is much more urbanized than the eastern. Its capital, Moscow, is one of the largest cities in the world.
When to go
The best time to visit Russia is June to Mid-September as it is awfully cold during the winters. To avoid crowds the best time to visit is late spring to early fall.
Where to go:
In a country this big, there is something for everyone here, whether you’re interested in monuments and historic cities, dramatic landscapes, or world-class museums of art, culture, and literature.
One of the major cities to visit is St. Petersburg. The biggest attraction here is the Winter Palace, where you can find the Hermitage museum.
The Golden Ring is a ring of small towns on the outskirts of Moscow. These towns are known for their food, their beautiful churches and the quaint cottages that are present in the countryside.
A visit to Russia wouldn’t be complete without a visit to Moscow. As the capital of Russia, this is where most tourists really get an experience of the Russian culture. There are many historical buildings and monuments in this city, including the Kremlin surrounded by the famous Red Square. In the recent years, a wide variety of shopping centers, bars, and restaurants have also been developed.
Visa Type: Tourist (Single Entry)
Duration: No longer than 30 days
Processing time: 2-6 Weeks
- Single entry visa – Rs. 2100 (issued within one week after the application date).
- URGENT Single entry visa – Rs. 4200 (issued on the next working day).
- Invitation Letter/Hotel Reservations
- Cover letter that should specify the purpose of the visit to the Russian Federation.
- Duly completed visa application form with one photo
- Valid passport
- Original Tourist Voucher and Original Tourist Confirmation (in the Russian language) of acceptance from a Russian travel agency or a hotel (not a booking), registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The confirmation must contain the agency’s reference number and registration number.
- Original Police Character Certificate with the contact number of issuing authority.
- Two way confirmed ticket with fixed dates.
- During the interview, the applicant must provide complete information about the host party, hotel accommodation and payment of tourism services. Itinerary of the travel including all addresses of expected stay should also be provided.
Visa Application Form: Download Here
Completed Sample Application form: Here
Once you have your documents ready:
You can apply to the Russian Embassy or Consulate in person and will need to pay the consular free. The required documents are to be presented at that time.
- Embassy of Russia in Islamabad
Address: Diplomatic Enclave, Khyaban-e-Suhrawardy, Ramna-4, Islamabad.
Tel. +92 (051) 260-08-13
Fax. +92 (051) 260-08-27
E-mail: [email protected]
- Russian consulate general, Karachi
Plot No. Fl-1, Block-4, Scheme-5, Clifton, Karachi
Telephone Directory (Reference) in Russian and English Languages
Telephone Directory (Reference) in English and Urdu Languages
Tel.: + 92 300-822-58-57 (Robinson)