Morocco is located in the Maghreb region of North Africa and has a coastline on both North Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. The geography ranges from epic mountain ranges to sweeping deserts to beautiful coasts – something for everyone!
When to go
In the summer months, the heat is particularly fierce so spring (April to May) is the best overall time to visit.
Where to go
A trip to Morocco would be incomplete without a trip to the imperial cities which include Fez, Meknes, Marrakesh, and Rabat. These cities are unique in the Arab world since a large part of the city life here remained medieval.
The imperial city of Marrakesh is situated at the base of Atlas Mountains. The city is noisy and full of atmosphere and to get the full experience, one should consider staying within the medina walls in one of the city’s Riads. The best locations to shop here are the souks inside the old medinas.
For monuments, Fez is the place to go. It was once the capital of the country and is still an important religious and cultural hub. Fez El Bali, the old walled part of the city was found as early as the 9th century. Other monuments include the Chaouwara Tanneries, the Merenid Tombs, and the Sultanate palace of Dar el-Makhzen.
If you’re looking to spend some time on the beach, Essaouira is the place to go. Mountain hiking is also big in Morocco as there are two beautiful ranges, the Rif and the Atlas. Chefchaouen is a small town situated in the Rif Mountains and its highlights include hiking and the town’s famous blue and white painted houses.
Visa Validity: three months.
Processing time 4 weeks
Fees: Rs.2550/- Rs. 100/-(charges) of Pay order
- You must have a valid passport
- Your passport must have a validity that extends the duration of the visa you are applying for by at least 6 months
- You must provide a copy of your completed visa application form
- You must provide proof of confirmed hotel reservation, flight bookings and travel itinerary for the entire duration of your stay in Morocco
- You must provide a copy of your round-trip or tour ticket
- You must provide proof of your financial ability so as to support yourself financially during your stay in Morocco and for your return transportation.
- You must provide a formal statement of your financial situation from your bank that is less than 4 weeks old
- You must provide proof of your employment
- You must provide proof of having obtained travel insurance that covers the entire period of your trip to Morocco
- You intend to leave Morocco at the end of your authorized stay
Note: please make two sets of all documents
Submit your completed visa application form either in person or through a representative at the Embassy of Morocco nearest to you, along with all the required documentation. You can also send your visa application through the mail.
Application Form: Download Here
Embassy Information: Moroccan Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan
House 6, Gomal Road, E-7, P.O. Box 1179, Islamabad, Pakistan
Telephone: (+92) (51) 265 4744 / 5, OR (+92) (51) 844 1895
EMAIL: [email protected]