Germany is a sprawling Schengen state famous for its pivotal role in shaping European history. It’s landscape of mountains, forests and beaches provides the perfect opportunity for a balanced travel experience built around relaxation and historical and cultural significance.
When To Go
Germany’s winters see pretty severe winds and midsummer is both the time where Germany experiences most of its rainfall and the weather is the most unpredictable. The best times to visit Germany are generally late spring and early autumn; May, September and October. The ski season in the Alps usually lasts through late December to March.
Where To Go
Berlin, as the nation’s fast-forward capital, is usually the first place for travelers to explore, especially due to its role in European history. Frankfurt and Bonn are also popular attractions, with a plethora of scenic settings and museums. You can offset the natural beauty of the Bavarian Alps with Rugen’s beaches, or Mecklenburg’s beaches with Sylt’s numerous resorts.
Here is how to get a visa for Germany from Pakistan!
Visa Type: Schengen (short-term visa).
Validity: 90 day stays within a 6 month period.
Processing Time: About 14 working days after the visa appointment.
Visa Fee: 60 Euros (in PKR).
Required Documents for Online Visa Application:
- Clearly and completely filled in and signed Common Schengen Application Form, (opens in new window – also available from consular websites, or consular offices, or may be filled online here) in two sets (one original, one copy)(Form No. 119031)
- Family details –Appendix to your application an original Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA, attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Machine Readable Passport, which must be valid for a period of at least 3 months beyond the applicant’s last day of stay in the Schengen states. Please ensure that the passport has 2 blank pages to affix visa.
- Three recent passport sized photographs in color. Photographs should be taken within the last 6 months, no side pose, no hat, no veil, no Photoshop.
- Property document when applicable, with 2 copies. English translation if available.
- Electronic Pakistani ID-Card.
- 2 copies of Nikah Nama if you are married as well as English translation thereof, or the Marriage Registration Certificate issued by your Union Council
- Proof of employment which mentions how long the applicant has been employed by his/hers employer. English translation must be provided. This letter should be obtained from your company, and needs to be signed and on a letterhead.
- Granted leave of absence from his/hers work for the relevant number of days. English translation must be provided if this letter is not in English.
- If the applicant runs his own business, he/she must present proof of registration of the business with the relevant authorities and English translation of these documents. Tax papers for the previous 2 years Payment tax/registration of company must also be provided.
- Proof of employment: (e.g. letter from company stating continuing employment after period of leave and duration of vacation etc), plus recent payslips.
- If applicant is a student: letter from school/college/university confirming admission or attendance.
- Copies of all previous visas.
- All previous passports of the applicant should be submitted, along with the current, valid one.
- Round trip air – ticket and itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Schengen state. Some Schengen authorities accept the itinerary when applying for the visa but request the original air-ticket when visa is collected (please check).
- Proof of sufficient funds for duration of stay, e.g.: (min. amount required is different in each country – please check with the appropriate consular authority)
- Bank and credit statements for last 6 months in addition to previous year.
- Salary slips-3 months prior
- Travel/health/accident insurance: A minimum medical coverage of Rupees equivalent Euro 30.000,00. Applicants must present insurance policy that states policy number, name of insured person, validity and schedule benefits. The insurance must cover medical attention, emergency hospital treatment and repatriation for medical reasons on the spot.
- Accommodation: confirmed hotel booking is requested (hotel reservation are not necessarily proof of confirmation. For some countries birth certificate is requested.
- If applicant is staying with a sponsor, the relevant authorities may request invitation letter from the host with copy of his/her passport or ID document that has been stamped by the relevant authorities may be requested.
Phew! That’s a lot of documents!
Once you have all your documents ready:
Once you’ve gathered all the required documents, you’ll have to schedule your visa appointment. German Consulate General Karachi works on a first come, first serve basis for applications, but you’ll have to make an online appointment for the embassy in Islamabad. Since it takes 14 business days after the appointment, it is generally a good practice to make sure you schedule your appointment and drop off your documents a good month in advance of your travel plans.
Note: Residents of Sindh and Baluchistan need to apply at the Consulate General Karachi. Residents of the other provinces and areas in Pakistan should apply at the German Embassy Islamabad.
German Embassy Islamabad
Ramna 5, Diplomatic Enclave, Islamabad, PAKISTAN Postal Address: P.O. Box 1027, Islamabad, PAKISTAN
Tel: (0092-51) 227 9430 – 34, (0092-51) 2007 – 200
Fax: (0092-51) 227 9436
Tel: (0092-51) 227 9430 – 34, Ext. 403,
Monday – Thursday from 14:00 – 16:00 hrs.
No inquiries regarding the status of a specific visa application, please!
Fax: (0092-51) 227 8917
E-Mail for visa enquiries:
Appointments for attestations, visa and passport applications at the German Embassy can only be made online.
Consul General Consulate Karachi
92-A/7, Block 5, Clifton, Karachi
Tel.: (0092 21) 3587 3782
Fax: (0092 21) 3587 4009
E-Mail: [email protected]
Ever been to Germany? Tell us all about your time there in the comment section!
Online Visa Form